Please read the complete explanation of fees below which is particularly important if your dog is adopted in the US or Canada. Once you have read the follow, you can pay your adoption fee here. For dogs adopted locally in Baja California Sur, we will execute an adoption contract at the time you take possession of the dog and you can pay your fees then or via the link to the right. Select the currency of your choice (see the flags to the right).
- Adoptions fees are $250 USD or $300 CAD and in most cases this amount is sufficient to cover all fees.
- Adoption fees are due at time of approval of adoption along with a signed contract to confirm holding the dog until transport.
- Should an adopter back out prior to transport, $100 USD or $100 CAD is non-refundable.
- Should an adopter take possession of a dog and the adoption fails, they need to surrender the dog to BDLP and all adoptions fees are non-refundable.
Transport and Custom Fees:
- $100 USD of the Adoption Fee is allocated to cover the cargo or in-cabin fees.
- If transport fees exceed $100 USD, the adopter and BDLP will work together to determine the best arrangement, and the adopter will be responsible for fees exceeding $100 USD.
- In some cases (primarily Canada) customs may require a value declaration and can require fees. These fees will be the responsibility of the adopter but generally do not exceed $40 CAD.
If you have any questions, please ask the adoption coordinator you are working with or email us at email@example.com.
Refundable Crate Deposit Fee:
When you pick up your dog from the airport, you will be asked to bring your own crate so that our volunteers can collect the travel crates and return them to La Paz for the next shipment of dogs. If that is not possible, either because the dogs are going to a city where there are no volunteers to collect the crates, because you need the crate for some period of time, or any other reason, we require a $75 refundable crate deposit fee. The fee will be refunded to you when the crate and all of its parts are returned to a Baja Dogs volunteer. The crate deposit fee is the same regardless of crate size. Travel crates are very difficult, if not impossible to purchase in La Paz so our crates must be shipped back and reused. Thanks for your help and understanding!