Have you ever thought “I really want to help” but you’re not sure where to start? You know in your heart that you have passion for a cause. You know you want to help in some capacity. There are so many areas that you can apply your talents to enrich the lives of our dogs.
- If you feel energetic and want to organize a fund raising event in your community, go for it. Baja Dogs La Paz will provide you with the support you need to get it off the ground.
- If you are handy with a sewing machine, we can always use crate liners or jackets for the dogs when they travel to their forever homes.
- Maybe you are a natural at Social Media, we can always use help keeping our Facebook page updated with photos and videos of the latest furball
- You can help us by sharing our stories with your friends and signing up for our newsletter. The more we can get the word out the more dogs we can get adopted and off the streets.
These are just some of the ways that you can help Baja Dogs La Paz in their mission to get abandoned and neglected dogs off the street and into their forever homes. You really don’t need to be in La Paz to help Baja Dogs LaPaz. Today’s technology allows you to help in the privacy and comfort of your own home.
Some of the more urgent needs right now are for:
- Foster homes. Can you make room in your heart and in your home to take in a puppy or and adult dog? It could be for a few days or a few weeks or perhaps a few months. What ever you can fit into your life. Time that a dog spends in your home environment makes that dog all the more adoptable. Right now we are looking for foster homes in Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, San Diego, and Los Angeles. Learn more about our foster care program or check our foster parent FAQs.
- Our adoption coordinator answers requests for information on dogs that are up for adoption. They act as the liaison between potential adoptive homes and the Foster homes. They help get the adoption paperwork underway and work with transporters when the adoption is complete.
- If you like to write, we always need people who can pen a great thank you email to our fosters, our donors and our volunteers.
- If you have a knack for story telling we could use your skills for our Newsletter or for content on our website.
- Do you travel regularly between La Paz or Cabos San Lucas and major US cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle? Or do you travel to Canadian cities like Vancouver, Calgary or Edmonton? Then please consider becoming one of our Pet Escorts. You can be the vital link between this cute little puppy and his forever home. All the costs will be covered we just need your hand to guide the way.
- Maybe you live in one of these major centers and would like to help by meeting the Pet Escorts at the airport and transporting the dogs to their foster or forever homes.
All of these volunteer opportunities make a huge difference in the lives of these deserving dogs. See how you can make the difference, start by sending an email to the volunteer coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or complete our Volunteer Application – English or, if you are Spanish speaking, Solicitud de voluntario – Español.