Baja Dogs La Paz Mutt Strut
The Baja Dogs La Paz First Annual Mutt Strut was a huge success! We would like to thank all of those who supported us. Many in the community donated raffle and silent auction items and the event was attended by a sold out crowd of over 120 people. We raised just over $3,700 USD or $70,000 MXN. This covers approximately 2 months of our expenses which includes food, clinic, and training and many other costs for the dogs up for adoption. Here are some of the highlights in pictures and video of the event.
Videos shown at the event in case you missed them or want to see the again:
If you are interested in adopting, please see our Adoption Portfolio. If you are interested in seeing more of our dogs up close and personal, come to our weekly Training where you can handle and interact with the dogs.
Baja Dogs, La Paz, Inc wants to thank the following people and companies who supported our cause and helped create an enjoyable Mutt Strut event.
Silent Auction Items:
- Sailing Charter for 12 people – Jersey Girl Sailing Charters
- Round of Golf for 4 people – Parasio del Mar
- Psychic Reading – Pamela Galadrial
- Espiritu Island Tour for 2 – Espiritu Baja Tours
- Exclusive French Chef dinner for 6 – Thierry Alicourtis
- Pizza Party for 10 people – John Phillips
- Therapeutic Massage – Salma Yamel
- 3 Art Classes – Starry Nights
- 1-Hour Dog Training & cozy bed – Salty Dogs La Paz
- 1-Hour Paddleboard and Kayak rental – Casa Kootenay
- Paddleboard Rental w/Lunch – Harker Board Restaurant Hair Styling – Yvonne Cooker
- Small Dog Treasure – Irene Phillips
- Lizzy James bracelet – Michele Miller
- 1-Year Membership to House Sit Mexico – Alex Gordon Gift basket – Casa Parra
- Glass bowl – Artesanias La Antique
- Intricate earring and earrings, bracelet and necklace set – Pamela Galadrial
- 50-Min Hot Stone Massage – Tanya Jamieson
- 2 pair of doggie earrings – Susan Steely
- 1-month Gym Membership – Family Fit
- Abstract Painting – Cindy Crane
- Sunset Picture – Roger Joki
- Ceramic Bowl – Carole Boges
- Dinner for 2 – Silvia Bernadini
- Abstract Print – Marjorie Swearingen Hammer
- Sunday Brunch for 2 – R Place Restaurant
- Small Snap Bag – Corrine Eklund
- Pamper Me Basket – Valarie Austen
- Pottery – Ibarra Pottery
Special thanks also to:
- R Place Restaurant – Jorge, Vanessa and David provided an excellent venue with great food and were committed to making this a success for all.
- The Shooter Ford Band who donated their time and talent.
And finally, a big thanks to our volunteers who worked hard to bring you a great event that was enjoyed by all:
Charlene & Ken Angelo, Linda Dimeglio, Thierry Alicourtis, Irene & John Phillips, Michele & Gordon Miller, Cindy Crane, Trisha Weeks, Valarie Austen, Robert Miller, Rebeca Kobelkowsky, Carolyn Bowness, Pamela Galadrial, Jane Peters, Carole Boges, Jim & Rebecca MacDonald, Daniela Barrios Ruiz & Julianna Caceres Barrios, Lori & Warren Paulin, Salma & California Yamel, Linda Hiebert, Bernice Ekman, Sherrie & Chuck Johnson, Wendy Morgan, Dawn Paxton