Event coordinators are creative, highly organized and able to create and execute unforgettable events which generate awareness, build support, increase donor base, and boost volunteer morale. This involves conceptualizing ideas for the events, creating and enforcing budgets, liaising with suppliers, communicating with vendors and all parties involved, and ultimately ensuring that each event is flawlessly executed.
As the Event Coordinator, you should be an expert multitasker with impeccable attention to detail. You also need to have an extraordinary ability to foresee risks and anticipate needs, so that attendees are impressed and entirely satisfied by the time each event comes to a close.
- La Paz, BCS, Mexico
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Identifying the mission, goals, and requirements of the organization and then setting expectations for each event.
- Brainstorming and implementing event concepts and themes.
- Preparing event budgets and processing invoices.
- Researching and booking venues.
- Organizing suppliers, caterers, staff, and entertainment.
- Coordinating all logistical elements of the event.
- Managing set-up, tear-down, and clean-up operations.
- Anticipating attendee needs and making preparations against potential risks.
- Developing post-event reports on the effectiveness of each event.
- Baja Dogs La Paz Volunteer Orientation
- On-the-job training
- Experience with non-profit fundraising or outreach activities.
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong experience preparing reports.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- 4-5 hours per week or more when events are scheduled